Monday, January 17, 2011

KK, The Key Letters To My Life


This photo above is my Domiknow, the colored parts are my dominant part of my body, this shows that my profile is KK

In my Humanities class, Mr. Whiting and Mrs. Narsiman visited our class to find out what type of learner we are and what letter profile we are. To find out what is your letter we need to know which is your dominant hand, eye, feet, and ear. We also need to know which side of your brain functions best, the left side is logic and the right side is gestalt. For me my dominant hand is right, my eye is left, my feet is left, my ear is right, so I am a gestalt learner (which means i am not the type of person who thinks logically), but with the specific profile of KK.

When I am in class I learn better through movement and focusing on the big picture. I agree with that statement, because in physical education class I learned better and faster, but if it is science or math I am a slow learner. I need to focus on the end result, so that I know what I am doing. If I am around friends or entertainment I will easily be distracted to what we are doing. I prefer not to do step-by-step instructions. I start to imagine the end result and do things that seem appropriate to me

I loose a lot of focus when I am around friends, so now I will move away from them and go somewhere I wouldn't get distracted. I have difficulty communicating, listening and remembering when I am under stressed. Activities that would help me are: reading out loud, thinking caps from brain gym, megaphones, toning the vowels, and cross lateral hand play like knitting, writing and drawing with the non dominant hand. Now i will know how to help myself in my learning’s.

I would like my teachers to know that I work best sitting in the front row on the left and side where I can use my left eye easily. I would like teachers to start teaching me with a little bit of moving. I am also a visual learner, so I want the teachers to start doing their stuff on the boards.

I think these tips will be really helpful for me, because I can concentrate more better in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment